Thursday 24 November 2016

Week 9 - The PowerPoint

This week I spent about a day on the PowerPoint presentation using the notes I made from the discussion Julia and I had in the previous meeting. I had to do a lot of research for various things, so it took a lot longer than I was excepting.

I had to find stock photos of people that could represent the characters I was using. I also had to find breathe-taking images of space that would not only wow the commissioner, but also truly represent what could be seen in the episodes.

I would also admit that when it comes to page layout and presenting a message using visuals, that really is not a strength of mine. Some people really know how to layout a page to display information in a good, clear and concise way, for me it simply doesn't come as naturally. It took me a long to try and get the PowerPoint looking professional and interesting. It also didn't come as any surprise to me when I went for my next meeting with Julia that she changed a lot of what I had done.

To be fair, the basis of what I had produced so far was retained, but font sizes and colour changed, positions of pictures, picture choices, layout etc. I could also agree with most of the changes. I now have to polish up what we did in this meeting throughout the week and hopefully I'll have something even better to show Julia next week.


Reflections on Week 9 

It seems I have found another weakness of mine, knowing how to creatively lay out a presentation. In this case though, I feel like this is a skill that can be learned, rather than a gift given at birth! I looked online for some inspiration to see how other people did it. I also took into account how Julia wanted it to look. I probably haven't cracked this skill just yet, but at least I know where to go to improve, and as I get more experience at it, I will have a better eye for it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment