Wednesday 2 November 2016

Week 6 - Episode Development

This week I worked on one of the episode summary sheets. The episode summary sheets required me to research facts on the episode subject. I would then need to come up with a potential plot based on one or a few of those facts. The plot needs a conflict and then a resolution, which I gave several options for.

Julia was largely happy with my work this week and has tasked me to continue on with the rest of the episodes during the week, so that I'll have them completed by next week.

I was also meant to do some editing while the the Beehive Business Centre today but as East Coast Pictures don't have a MacBook spare I wasn't able to do any. Unfortunately I don't own a Mac myself, only a Windows based desktop computer at home which is incompatible with the software they use there - Final Cut 7.


Reflections on Week 6

It's a bit of a tricky situation to know when it's important to my career to invest in equipment or not. For me, I've always been against Apple products as I find them completely overpriced for what they do. Unfortunately, Final Cut only operates on Mac computers. So far I have gotten away with it as I have always used the equipment found at uni. The same applies to the camera equipment. There are occasions however, where I find myself needing a camera at short notice, or in this situation I could have done some editing if I owned a Mac. I don't feel I have the answer to this problem yet, as I have to weigh up the cost of the equipment to how useful it will be to me. The decision would be a lot easier if I had a lot of excess cash but sadly that is simply not a situation I am in right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment