Wednesday 2 November 2016

Week 8 - Episode Summaries Completed

The meeting with my brother was very productive. We spent about half a day going through each episode and smoothing out the storyline for each one. I am now extremely happy with each episode summary and was pleased to be able to email them to Julia.

In the development meeting, Julia was also happy with the episode summaries. She said the only additional and essential thing we need before we go to the BBC3 pitch is making a PowerPoint presentation. The presentation needs to be concise and have a hook, and also be able to 'wow' the commissioner. Julia broke down what I would need to put into the PowerPoint in very precise details so I know what I need to work on now.


Reflections on Week 8

This week made me think about the importance of having contacts and connections in all different aspects of work life. One can simply not be a jack-of-all-trades. It's important to realise weaknesses, but also important to know those who can help out. In this case, I was glad to know my brother, who is studying creative writing and has always had a knack of storytelling. I know there will be other times in the future where I'm not so strong at something, but what will be the most important is having the contacts who would be ready to help out in that situation. I feel like this is especially the case in the TV and film industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment