Wednesday 2 November 2016

Week 7 - Finalising the Episodes

During the week I worked on the other episode summary sheets. Unfortunately, I was only able to get four out of eight completed as I was struggling for ideas for the remaining four. I had researched all the facts, but was struggling to come up with a plot that didn't seem overly cliché.

In the development meeting with Julia, she was happy with the episodes I had completed so far. The four that were only half completed, she helped me brainstorm some plot ideas. By the end of the meeting, we had come up with some good ideas which I'll try and incorporate into plot outlines.

I also have asked for my brother's help with nailing down plot outlines for all the episodes as I feel even the ones I have completed could be improved. He is studying creative writing at a university level at the moment, and has a huge passion for stories so I'm hoping that he will help me structure a good story for each episode. I will speak to him in a few days.

I was also able to do some editing for Julia this week. She had a meeting during the morning and so I was able to use her MacBook while she was busy. I edited the footage we filmed while at the Business Hive Live business expo. This included cutting footage and motion graphics.


Reflections on Week 7

The thing I could have improved on this week is not leaving the episode summary sheets until late in the week. I assumed they would be easy to do, but actually it was a lot harder than I thought. I realise now that I am not the most creative person when it comes to storywritring. If I had realised I was struggling for ideas earlier in the week, I could have asked for my brother's help earlier and might have even been able to have a brainstorming session with him before my meeting with Julia. As it turned out, I went to the meeting with only four of the eight episode summaries completed. Julia though was understanding and helped brainstorm some ideas too. She is actually a very nice lady and seems genuinely interested in helping her crew out the best she can, which is nice to see in a boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment