Tuesday 27 September 2016

Week 2 (Part 2) - The Application Process

The conversion of my CV to the new template worked really well. The CV is now concise. Originally it was two pages, now it is condensed to one. I was able to remove a lot of unnecessary fluff, things that weren't particularly relevant to my line of work like customer service experience. A natural result of having less on the page, and also due to better formatting, the work experience that is relevant is highlighted more and is immediately apparent.

I also took note about the tips that were given about the profile and have completely redone it. I mention my job title, drop a company name.

I showed my CV to some employers in different professions and they say it is the best looking CV they have seen in a long time. Granted my fellow students also has access to canva.com now, but a lot of people won't have seen something like this before so I feel like this is going to give a competitive edge in future job applications.


Click to enlarge
New Improved CV

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Old Version of CV

No comments:

Post a Comment