Tuesday 27 September 2016

Week 2 (Part 1) - The Application Process

After researching various companies last week, I need to decide which I'm actually going to apply for. Before researching, I had my mind set on applying for Resolution Television, but after researching I became torn between Resolution and Eastcoast Pictures.

During our workshop in class we also reviewed the important points to creating a professional and outstanding CV. Points of note were:
  • Mention personality traits - add traits which are useful for the industry. For example, to be: innovative, problem solver, passionate, creative.
  • Personal profile should be at the top. The personal profile is like a slug line, very short intro to me as a person. It should be snappy. Drop company names.
  • Put key skills in second after the personal profile. Technical skills that would be useful for the job. Media skills would centre on equipment I have experience with, software including editing software I can use, languages I can speak, etc.
  • Perhaps make more than one CV depending on what you are applying for. A media centred job will require a different CV to working at the supermarket for instance.
  • Check out prospects.ac.uk and canva.com for templates and example CVs. Basing the CV on tried and testing templates and ideas gives a better chance of my CV being noticed and to stand out in the crowd.

Although I have a CV already, I really liked the templates on canva.com to make a stand-out CV. Over the course of this week, I will convert my CV over to the new template.




I'm also going to apply for some work placements using the new CV and hopefully have an interview organised by next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment